Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tuesday - the mad dash

As we were on the right side of the continent the excitement level rose and I only saw one thing and that was the final destination. Red hawk said that he could not take it anymore. His wing was broken and it needed to be rested before he could soar again. Found out that his GF were going to fly to the rescue which felt good to hear because it hurts to leave a wounded friend. Especially a really good friend like red rover.


At 7 am I jumped into my car and this ended up being the longest I have driven continually ever. Must say that Califonia is among the most diverse states as far as environments goes... it has deserts, something like a prarie, mountains, lush areas. It was just very nice to see.

Now I started driving 4 hr increments.

Stopped at noon for a 10 min lunch, I will tell you that A big mac does not taste the same in CA as they do in Ga or maybe that was just the cold altering the taste buds but it was quite repulsive.

I dont remember at what time I drove into Oregon but it is too an absolutly gorgeous!

2 comments:

Frida said...

Hej!

Har inte hunnit läsa alla dina inlägg än, men det verkar ju gå bra!

Kan du lägga ut bilder via denna sida? Vore kul att se i så fall.

Idag är det alla hjärtans dag så... happy valentines day!

Kör lugnt! /Kram Frida/

Wendy said...

Well, Luna is on her way. At first she was loving all the attention I was giving her throughout the weekend and then at the very end I was given a very cold shoulder as she burried herself under the blanket!

I'm sure she is safe, but I'm gonna miss the little one. Callie even gave her some love before she left. No hissing for the last few days (go figure, they make nice before she leaves!).

I hope all is well, all my best!!